Date:      Sun, 27 Apr 1997 18:48:46 -0700
From:      Chris Browning <brownie@earthling.net>
To:        Mr M P Searle <csubl@csv.warwick.ac.uk>
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quad Pro 150 motherboard?

Michael,
  I concur with Ben here.  Typically in the PC world, anything above
2 procs is geared towards servers.  I can't think of many non-server
> 2way systems out there.  So, if you want >2way, you will have
to go with one of the server class machines, which are typically
expensive.  In addition, I would not bother with the 150MHz PPP.  If
I remember correctly, the 150 only comes in the 256k cache size.  If
you are going to do 4way, do yourself a favor and get the 512k cache
PPP.  4way PPP will saturate the processor bus quite quickly, so the
more cache the better.  I believe they make a 166/512k PPP, so for
cost effectiveness, that is what I would recommend.

Chris
Not speaking for Intel.