Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 10:56:31 +0200
From:      Ladavac Marino <mladavac@metropolitan.at>
To:        'Mike Smith' <mike@smith.net.au>, Ladavac Marino <mladavac@metropolitan.at>
Cc:        Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.org>, Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>, Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>, Tommy Hallgren <thallgren@yahoo.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Lazy SPLs

	[ML]  It would be nice to have an intelligent bus, yes.  I won't
hold my breath, though :(

> PCI makes too many compromises to the PC's architecture; we're just
> about ready for a new bus again.
	[ML]  Pretty much, yes.  The bus is becoming to be a bottleneck
again.
> I don't believe I ever suggested that this was the only alternative
> technique, and I'm certainly on record as not liking it either.
	[ML]  No, you certainly did not suggest that, but it is the way
ISA behaves, and PCI has an advantage over ISA in this respect.  The
fact that it was only a half-measure is the flip side of the coin.

	/Marino