Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2012 13:20:36 -0500
From:      Martin McCormick <martin@dc.cis.okstate.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Remote System Builds

	Is there yet any way to remotely rebuild a FreeBSD
system? I have two FreeBSD systems on two remote campuses that
presently run FreeBSD6.3. They need to be running FreeBSD9.0 and
I don't really care how I get there as long as it can be done
over the network. If we were physically there, I would put a
CDROM in and blow them away since it is such a large jump.

	I can have staff members there install CDROM's that were
remastered to use the serial console, but I am hoping that maybe
we are moving past this sort of logistics.

	I just tried to unpack the 9.0 image using tar which has
worked in the past to let one modify loader.conf but I got a
bunch of errors this time about files that couldn't be created
so maybe this is not the recommended headless installation
technique any longer.

	Any ideas?

	Thank you very much

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK