Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2006 12:19:35 +0100
From:      nicky <nicky@valuecare.nl>
To:        gb <burk@sumail.ru>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best laptop for Freebsd

I've got myself a Toshiba A100-159.

Some issues: No sound, no Wireless (to be honest, i haven't really
bothered with trying to fix these two yes).
Sometimes i get some weird acpi errors in my daily output.

It does have one of those 1400xsomething wide screens, which isn't
supported (yet) with the default XORG ati/radeon drivers. So you might
want to put that on your check list. (also something i haven't really
looked into, since i use an external screen 99.9% of the time).

But besides that, it's working quite nicely.

Stable, speedy. The internal SATA driver is supported, the burner works
nicely, ethernet ok as well. I haven't tried PCMCIA, firewire, but USB
works like a charm.

Hopes this helps.