Date:      Fri, 5 Jun 1998 15:32:05 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        marijn@stack.nl
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SEEK command or locate tape position

Marijn Meijles wrote...

> > 	Hans Huebner <hans@artcom.de> is working on putting fast locate
> > and read position support into the CAM tape driver.  Once he finishes that
> > work, it will be available in CAM.  The CAM snapshots are released for both
> > current and stable, so you'll be able to run them on your system.

> I looked at it, but I have a Tekram DC390 SCSI host which isn't supported.
> Is it really hard to 'port' a driver from the current stable tree?

	I wouldn't recommend trying it unless you've had prior experience
writing drivers.  It isn't exactly a trivial task.

	I take it your card is one of the ones with the AMD 53c974 chip on
board?  From looking at Tekram's web page, it looks like some of their
DC390 series boards are based on NCR/Symbios chips.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com