Date:      Fri, 05 Nov 2004 16:25:25 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@flat.berklix.net>
To:        Ruben de Groot <mail25@bzerk.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Toshiba Libretto 70CT ep0 intermittent

Ruben de Groot wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 02:09:14AM +0100, Julian H. Stacey typed:
> > Ruben de Groot
> >  cc freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
> >
> > I used some search engines, found these rc.conf bits on a Japanese site
> >     saver="daemon"
> >     apm_enable="YES"
> >     pccardd_flags="-i 11"
> > (no I don't read Japanese) but I'd always been wary of my IRQ 5
> >  ep0: <3Com Etherlink III 3C589> at port 0x240-0x24f irq 5 slot 0 on pccard
> 0
> > It's early to say as the fault was intermittent,
> > but I think the fault is now gone :-) Does it help you too ?
>
> It does! Thanks!
>
> > Maybe something else sits on irq 5 though unshown by my generic dmesg,
> > guessing maybe something like sound ?  Dont know.

Great.  Documented to http://berklix.com/~jhs/hw/toshiba/libretto.70ct/

Which I have just registered with both
        http://gerda.univie.ac.at/freebsd-laptops/
        http://www.zapatec.com/freebsd/laptop/
(Suprisingly quick those 2 sites, so I reccomend others with unlisted
laptops list their too.)

The Libretto 70 CT also works OK on IRQ 10, so better than
        /etc/rc.conf:   pccardd_flags="-z -i 11"        # -z from defaults/
is      /etc/pccard.conf:       irq irq         10 11 15

Ruben,
I'm always too lazy to configure sound, but it seems to be in there,
feel free to send me any kernel & script syntax if you configure yours.

-
Julian Stacey.  Unix,C,Net & Sys. Eng. Consultant, Munich.  http://berklix.com
Mail in Ascii, Html dumped as Spam.  Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz.