Date:      Wed, 18 Nov 1998 23:03:49 -0500
From:      Chris Johnson <cjohnson@palomine.net>
To:        Jerry Hsieh <hsiehj@npu0.npu.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Support for 3Com FastEtherLink Network adapter (was: Help..................)

On Wed, Nov 18, 1998 at 07:29:57PM -0800, Jerry Hsieh wrote:
> Dear Sir:
> I have a PC with 3Com FastEtherLink Network adapter (PCI). The message I
> git when I am installing FreeBSD is "driver not avaliable". Therefore, I
> can't hook up my system t the network. Can you tell me what should I do
> or where can I get the driver? Thank you very much.

What version of FreeBSD are you using and what's the exact model of your
network card? If it's a 3C905B (NB the "B") and FreeBSD 2.2.x, you'll need to
grab the xl driver from http://www.freebsd.org/~wpaul/3Com/2.2/ and build
yourself a custom kernel which includes it. See
http://www.freebsd.org/~wpaul/3Com/ for instructions on how to add the xl
driver to your system.

Chris