Date:      Thu, 2 Feb 2012 11:23:40 +0200
From:      George Liaskos <geo.liaskos@gmail.com>
To:        "Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads@cox.net>
Cc:        chromium@freebsd.org, luigi@onelab2.iet.unipi.it
Subject:   Re: ports/161737: www/chromium 14.0.835.x stalls (probably javascript-related

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 4:12 AM, Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads@cox.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 21:10:17 GMT
> rene@freebsd.org wrote:
>
>> Synopsis: www/chromium 14.0.835.x stalls (probably javascript-related
>>
>> State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
>> State-Changed-By: rene
>> State-Changed-When: Tue Jan 10 21:09:22 UTC 2012
>> State-Changed-Why:
>> Submitter reports that the original problem is solved.
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D161737
>
> Any chance of us seeing just what exactly the solution was? =C2=A0I'm
> still seeing of lot of the same type of behavior described by the
> original submitter -- pages stalling interminably or loading only
> partially (while presenting the impression of having completed),
> unresponsive buttons, etc.

In Chromium there are at least two different rendering implementations for =
*nix.
The first one is used for Linux and the other one for OSX, our port
goes with the OSX one.

In 14 I switched to the Linux implementation, which is way cleaner,
but many users reported that they had problems. The =E2=80=9Cfix=E2=80=9D w=
as to go
back to the OSX implementation again for 15.

I understand that you may see similar behavior but I believe that it
is unrelated to this specific PR.

My wild guess is that you run out of some kind of resource, "out of
swap space=E2=80=9D doesn=E2=80=99t sound good. Is it possible that you run=
 OOM?

Regards,
George