Date:      Sun, 13 Aug 2000 23:22:22 -0600
From:      Chris Piazza <cpiazza@jaxon.net>
To:        Kim Scarborough <sluggo@unknown.nu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to fetch additional files?

On Sun, Aug 13, 2000 at 11:51:18PM -0500, Kim Scarborough wrote:
> I'm currently working on a port that needs to download some text files in
> addition to the main tarball. What is the Approved way of doing this? The
> closest thing I could find was how to download additional patches, but
> that's not what these are. Currently, I have something like this;
>
> post-patch:
> 	cd $(WRKSRC)/lists;$(FETCH_CMD) ftp://bla.com/foo.gz
> 	cd $(WRKSRC)/lists;$(FETCH_CMD) ftp://bla.com/bar.gz
>
> This works, but it seems ugly to me (especially since it goes on like this
> for 15 lines).
>
> Any suggestions? Are there other ports with a similar issue?

DISTFILES=	${PORTNAME}-${PORTVERSION}${EXTRACT_SUFX} file1 file2 \
		file3 file4

This will fetch them all at make fetch time.

DIST_SUBDIR=	portname

This puts them all in a subdir in distfiles so things don't get cluttered.

I think that's all that you should need...

-Chris
--
cpiazza@jaxon.net   | yawn....
cpiazza@FreeBSD.org | Calgary, AB, Canada