Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2001 12:30:48 +0200 (IST)
From:      Roman Shterenzon <roman@harmonic.co.il>
To:        Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Required files for Linux emulation

If it's freely downloadable I can create a port which will deal with it.
I don't think that this has to be handled at the linux-6.1 port level.
Because, this app needs this file, other app need another file, I don't
think it's a good idea to mirror the whole redhat distribution on
/compat/linux.

On Sat, 20 Jan 2001, Forrest Aldrich wrote:

> I have a third-party program (Interscan Viruswall, anyone using that on
> FreeBSD?) that seems to require an additional amount of info to determine
> the version of Linux supported:
>
> grep: /etc/redhat-release: No such file or directory
>
> InterScan 3.0.1 now only support running on Linux 6.0 or above
>
> How can we address this?
>

> Thanks,
>
> _F

--Roman Shterenzon, UNIX System Administrator and Consultant
[ Xpert UNIX Systems Ltd., Herzlia, Israel. Tel: +972-9-9522361 ]