Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2000 02:12:04 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        "Bruce R. Montague Brucem" <brucem@mail.got.net>
Cc:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.4 PicoBSD loader.rc FICL dict space.

"Bruce R. Montague Brucem" wrote:

>  Using the FreeBSD 3.4 cd-roms from Walnut Creek, I built
> PicoBSD, but the loader couldn't make it through the loader.rc
> FICL script, which got a dictionary out of space error that was
> confirmed by a "words" command.

The FICL dictionary space is pre-allocated, and has been trailing just
above the minimum required for a while. Why you ran into a problem, what
was it that made it go just over the top, I don't know, but this is a
more general design issue I have to tackle, but just can't seem to find
time for. :-(

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	GPL certainly doesn't meet Janis Joplin's definition of freedom:
"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."