Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2012 22:45:57 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@komquats.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   xorg 7.5.2 + emacs

It appears that xorg 7.5.2 causes emacs to segfault. The workaround is to
set emacs.synchronous: on in .Xresources.

Another data point. I copied my $LOCALBASE from my old laptop (i915) to my
new laptop (intel hd3000), in a jail (won't bore you why). Running emacs in
the jail and displaying to the new X server resulted in no segfault,
suggesting that this may be library related. Furthermore running emacs
under truss, without synchronous also works (probably because truss
inadvertently causes calls to X to be synchronous.

If anyone is having problems with emacs under 7.5.2, the workaround should
do it until a better solution is found.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert@komquats.com>