Date:      Wed, 25 Jan 2006 23:23:07 +0100
From:      Christoph Moench-Tegeder <cmt@burggraben.net>
To:        x11@freebsd.org
Cc:        Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
Subject:   Re: mga_hal driver broken under Xorg > 6.8.2

## Robert Huff (roberthuff@rcn.com):

> 	Yesterday I upgraded from Xorg 6.8.2. using portupgrade.
> 	When I rebooted, xdm choked with
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/mga_drv.so: Undefined symbol "MGAGetBOARDHANDLESize"

Some days ago, I filed ports/92169.

> 	Looks like the module needs to be rebuilt.  Do we have a
> contact at Matrox?

Matrox knows about this problem for quite some time now, I found this
thread http://forum.matrox.com/mga/viewtopic.php?t=18313 in their
support forum. I'm trying to rebuild Xorg and mga_hal right now
(and always have the 6.8.2 packages around for downgrading...)

Looks as if it's Matrox' turn.

Regards,
Christoph

--