Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 15:08:06 -0600
From:      Ben Schumacher <ben@henshaw.net>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "ifconfig" == "ifconfig -a"

At 04:35 PM 7/19/00 +0200, Paul Herman wrote:
>Hmmm... what led to this idea was:  people who use "route print" to
>print the routing table in "other" OSes need to be informed how to
>print the routing table under FreeBSD.  If that's really true, some
>how I have a feeling they would already know about "netstat -r" (which
>AFAIK is pretty much ubiquitous among Unicies.)
>
>Is it just me, who thinks this?

I personally, cast my (mostly meaningless) vote against "route print" or
just "route" showing routing tables.  To be honest, even on those other
OSes, I always type netstat -r to get routing tables (which works on
Win9x/NT, as well).  Normally when I type just "route" it is to remind my
simple mind of the syntax I need to use on the rare occasions that I need
to change routing tables.

Just my two cents.

- Ben Schumacher