Date:      Fri, 25 Jun 1999 02:18:07 EDT
From:      KultGyro@aol.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   trouble installing packages.

Hello,

I've installed FreeBSD 3.2-release from a dos partition.  I downloaded the
distributions and some packages from ftp3.freebsd.org.  I had no trouble
installing any of the distributions, but when I try to install any of the
packages I get the message "Unable to locate package".  I'm trying to install
them with /stand/sysinstall, the same way I installed the distributions.  The
installer locates the package index file, but can't seem to find the packages
themselves.  They're located in c:\FREEBSD\packages.  For instance the cdplay
package is located at c:\FREEBSD\packages\audio\cdplay-0.92.tgz.  Can anyone
help me with this?

Thanks,
  Zac