Date:      Thu, 09 Jul 1998 09:37:50 -1000
From:      "Arthur W. Neilson III" <art@neilson.ddns.org>
To:        Roman Katsnelson <romank@graphnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wow!

See tcsh(1), it uses the tab char to trigger completion
on a filename.  csh(1) can do the same thing, it however
uses the escape char.  tcsh is in the ports collection,
look in /usr/ports/shells.

Roman Katsnelson wrote:

> Three weeks ago I used FreeBSD (or should I say $40-feeBSD? ;-)  for the
> first time. Now I feel like its my baby. ;) I have been a faithful Linux
> follower for about two years up to then, and have had a little Solaris
> exposition too. FreeBSD rocks them so hard!
>
> By _far_ the best OS I've ever used.
>
> Anyway, I _do_ have a question, this is the questions group after all,
> right?
>
> in Linux there was a feature which was helpful with long filenames:
> as you typed a filename, you could hit <Tab> and if what you've already
> typed was unique, it would finish the name for you. Any equivalence in
> FreeBSD?
>
> --
>         |   Roman Katsnelson                      |
>       _ |   Internet Engineer                     | _
>      / )|                                         |( \
>     / / |   Graphnet World Headquarters           | \ \
>   _( (_ |   Teaneck, New Jersey                   | _) )_
>  (((\ \>|_/-)    http://www.graphnet.com      (-\_|</ /)))
>  (\\\\ \_/ /___________________________________\ \_/ ////)
>   \       /    Email: romank@graphnet.com       \       /

    __
   /  )    _/_  It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data.
  /--/ __  /    Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories,
 /  (_/ (_<__   Instead of theories to suit facts.
                      -- Sherlock Holmes, "A Scandal in Bohemia"
 Arthur W. Neilson III
 Bank of Hawaii Tech support
 art@neilson.ddns.org