Date:      Fri, 6 Feb 1998 08:14:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      Uncle Flatline <flatline@pchb1f.gallaudet.edu>
To:        Prashanth Mylvarabatla <mylvarab@plains.NoDak.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cdrom mount

On Fri, 6 Feb 1998, Prashanth Mylvarabatla wrote:

> > I am not able to mount my cdrom.When I used dmesg it showed
> > dev wdc1 but this  was not there in my /dev directory so I tried
> > creating it used MAKEDEV but it gives me error bad unit on disk.
> > how do I configure it??
> >
> > my cdrom is atapi type

I'm no expert (but I play one on the Internet).  Unless the above has a typo,
I'd start with:

   wdc is not equal to wcd

My week-old understanding of FreeBSD is:  wdc is the controller on which your
non-SCSI disks and CD-ROM's sit, wcd is a generic ATAPI CD-ROM cdrom.

Hope this leads you in the right direction.
--
 Kevin Cole      <Flatline>    |  E-mail:  flatline@pchb1f.gallaudet.edu
 Gallaudet Research Institute  |  WWW:     http://pchb1f.gallaudet.edu/