Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 2015 13:21:05 -0800
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>, Rui Paulo <rpaulo@me.com>
Subject:   Re: mount_smbfs

> On Jan 23, 2015, at 11:54 AM, John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com> =
wrote:
>=20
> Daisuke Aoyama wrote this message on Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 03:07 +0900:
>> Quick hack patch is attached.
>=20
> Please use {l,b}e16dec, or if the code is suppose to be native endian,
> make it dependant on __NO_STRICT_ALIGNMENT and add the proper endian
> swap, not __arm__ as there are other arches that require the same =
fix...

If there=E2=80=99s just a couple of places that need this, don=E2=80=99t =
bother making them dependent
on __NO_STRICT_ALIGNMENT. That clutters things up a bit too much. Given =
the 3
or 4 places this is used, and the relative infrequency of the calls, =
just doing a memcpy
unconditionally is always correct and reduces the risk of one branch of =
the #if being
changed w/o the other.  Since it is already using NBENCODE(), I think =
that using
{l,b}e16enc (not dec) would be a larger code churn.

Warner