Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 1996 09:00:37 +0100 (MET)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        mpeer@cccd.edu (Michael Peer)
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cd changer

>From the keyboard of Michael Peer:

> Joerg from the FreeBSD news group directed me to you for questions on the
> nakamichi 7 disk cdrom changer below is a copy to those messages.
>
> My original question was, I have one I understand others have them, and they
> are known to work, it looked to me to be a no brainer, but mine doesn't
> work.  It only sees the first two disks, and that's it.

I'm using this device under 2.1 with NEW_SCSICONF defined in the kernel
config file and the following patch:

	The problem with more than a few CDROMS on line at once in 2.05
	and 2.1 (either lots of regular drives or one of the changers) was
	just fixed in -current.  This will make the Nak unit work properly.

	If you can rebuild from source, change the
	>    if(cd->dkunit) {
	>    if(cd->dkunit >= 0) {

	in sys/scsi/cd.c
	--
	Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
	HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis    HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH    Hamburg, Europe
                       "There are lies, damn lies, and open systems." (unknown)