Date:      Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:18:14 -0400
From:      Brian McCann <bjmccann@gmail.com>
To:        Jeff Wirth <jeff.wirth@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Apache logging?

On 6/15/05, Jeff Wirth <jeff.wirth@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Anyone here know how to get Apache to log in GMT when the system clock
> > is in local time?  I can't imagine this being "impossible"...but I
>=20
> you didn't mention what version of apache...
>=20
> 1.3.* -> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/logs.html#accesslog
>=20
> [10/Oct/2000:13:55:36 -0700]  (%t)
>     The time that the server finished processing the request. The format =
is:
>=20
>         [day/month/year:hour:minute:second zone]
>         day =3D 2*digit
>         month =3D 3*letter
>         year =3D 4*digit
>         hour =3D 2*digit
>         minute =3D 2*digit
>         second =3D 2*digit
>         zone =3D (`+' | `-') 4*digit
>=20
>     It is possible to have the time displayed in another format by
> specifying %{format}t in the log format string, where format is as in
> strftime(3) from the C standard library.
>=20
> -jeff
>=20

Thanks Jeff!  Just as I got your message I found a work around that
worked for me.  I set the TZ environment variable in the RC script to
me GMT and that did the trick.

Thanks!
--Brian
--=20
Brian McCann
Systems & Network Administrator, K12USA

"I don't have to take this abuse from you -- I've got hundreds of
people waiting to abuse me."
                -- Bill Murray, "Ghostbusters"