Date:      Fri, 3 Dec 2021 05:11:06 -0800
From:      Mel Pilgrim <list_freebsd@bluerosetech.com>
To:        Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkg alias commands missing after upgrading to 1.17.5

On 2021-12-03 2:56, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 03, 2021 at 02:28:58AM -0800, Mel Pilgrim wrote:
>> With pkg-1.17.5:
>>
>> # pkg alias
>> ALIAS                ARGUMENTS
>> # pkg leaf
>> pkg: unknown command: leaf
>>
>> For more information on available commands and options see 'pkg help'.
>>

> I don't know what happened in your case, but I cannot reproduce.

Do you have any diagnostic steps I can do to figure out what happened?

I fetched a fresh copy of pkg-1.17.5~d6f9535722.pkg from the public repo
and installed it using pkg-static, but that didn't fix the problem.

I can at least confirm this only happens on one particular system.  I
have 15 systems all using the same private pkg repo, and only one has
this problem.