Date:      Sat, 9 Jun 2012 11:12:03 -0700
From:      Oleksandr Tymoshenko <gonzo@bluezbox.com>
To:        Tim Kientzle <kientzle@freebsd.org>
Cc:        arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: armv6 tree broken with DT_TEXTREL error in libc.so

On 2012-06-09, at 9:20 AM, Tim Kientzle <kientzle@freebsd.org> wrote:

> In the armv6 tree, libc.so fails to link with an error because =
DT_TEXTREL is being generated.  But I can't figure out why this is =
happening:
>=20
>  * A regular arm.arm libc.so built on -CURRENT does not have a TEXTREL =
section.
>=20
>  * This first appeared in gonzo's "Huge merge from HEAD" at commit =
234858.  An armv6 world from r234857 doesn't have a TEXTREL in libc.so.
>=20
>  * I cannot find any interesting differences in the Makefiles under =
libc that might explain this.  That commit did not merge any interesting =
changes to binutils, either.
>=20
>  * If I make the --warn-shared-textrel non-fatal, then libc.so can =
build successfully.
>          =3D It does indeed have a TEXTREL section, BUT
>          =3D that section is zero bytes long (if I'm reading objdump =
output correctly)
>     (So I understand neither why it's there nor why it's presence =
would be a problem.)
>=20
> Any ideas for what I should check next?

Hmm, I thought I fixed it with r236527. Do you have this change in your =
tree?