Date:      23 Jan 2002 16:03:55 +0000
From:      Wayne Pascoe <freebsd@molemanarmy.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SMP machine doesn't reboot...

Hi all,

I've just done an install of 4.4-RELEASE onto a new dual processor
machine. I then cvsup'd to 4_4 (4.4-RELEASE-p3), ran make world and
make kernel KERNCONF=EHSB.

uname -a reports :
FreeBSD tethys.mydomain.com 4.4-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE-p3 #0:
Wed Jan 23 15:47:56 GMT 2002
root@tethys.mydomain.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/EHSB i386

The machine seems to run ok, but if I do a shutdown -r now it does not
reboot. I get the following message:

syncing disks... 7
done
Uptime: 48s
amr0: flusing cache...done
Rebooting...
cpu_reset called on cpu#1
cpu_reset: Stopping other CPUs
cpu_reset: Restarting BSP
cpu_reset_proxy: Grabbed mp lock for BSP
cpu_reset_proxy: Stopped CPU 1

And there it sits. The motherboard is a GA-6VTXDR-C with 2 x 1.26 PIII
Processors and 3GB Ram.

Any idea what is wrong here ?

Thanks,

--