Date:      Tue, 08 Jun 1999 00:02:14 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Kevin Day <toasty@home.dragondata.com>
Cc:        mike@smith.net.au (Mike Smith), loopd@best.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel config script

In message <199905302213.RAA05198@home.dragondata.com> Kevin Day writes:
: 1) The kernel config options are only documented in LINT, which really isn't
: meant for that sorta thing, and I'll admit, they're not documented well.
: (contrast linux's config where you can hit ? and get a few paragraphs of
: info for each option, such as "If I leave this in, and don't have the
: hardware, will it cause problems?" etc...)
:
: 2) It's not the most graceful system for newbies, switching between two
: files in a text editor is a bit much for some folks.

We're working for the day that this is a completely moot point.

There will be very few options to build the kernel with (SMP is the
only one that comes to mind but I'm sure there are others).
Everything else will be a loadable module.

Warner