Date:      Fri, 10 Jul 1998 23:57:28 +0200
From:      Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se>
To:        Glen Foster <gfoster@gfoster.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help: bridge router trouble

Glen,

Thanks for your reply. I'll get back to my ISP on monday.

BTW, did I mentione that my ISP could ping me if I set up a client
machine (a mac, in fact) directly on the cisco with IP x.y.q.46. But he
couldn't ping me when the freebsd machine was there instead, even if I
shut off ip forwarding in the kernel (w/ sysctl) and shut off the
internal interface (sort of simulating a client)?

Odd...

I'm _not_ using a private address space, btw.

(I have set up the machine to route a private net with natd now, just to
test that it works. seems to be just fine; it routes my 192.168.0.2
powerbook and an old fbsd workstation out to the internet and back,
which also leads me to believe that my isp made a mistake... a static
route seems like the way to go).

Thanks!

/Palle