Date:      Sun, 07 Jan 2001 14:35:53 +0100
From:      cristian nicolae <cristian.nicolae@chello.at>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCSI DAT tape detection on Compaq DL380

Dear all,
I have a Compaq DL380 with an integrated Compaq Smart Array Controller.
I have succesfully managed to install the FreeBSD 4.2-20010104
and everything is fine but the DAT drive which is not detected.
The DAT is connected to the same Controller as the RAID system.

I have checked the archives and noticed that I am not the first one who
has this problem. But I could not find any resource which could lead me
to a
solution.

If any of you could give me any hints on that, I would be very grateful.
I am at the point where I am considering switching to Linux because of
that.

On the other hand does any of you have info whether Compaq will support
officially FreeBSD in the future?

TIA,
Cristian Nicolae