Date:      Sun, 29 Apr 2012 18:32:20 -0400
From:      Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Robert Simmons <rsimmons0@gmail.com>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Inquiry

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 06:19:32PM -0400, Robert Simmons wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 1:36 AM,  <takedasakae@gmail.com> wrote:
> > ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/8.3-RELEASE/floppies/
> > I do not have the above location in “Preparing for 2.3.7 boot media”?
>
> That section needs to be rewritten.  There is a big red box above it
> that states "Important: Please note, as of FreeBSD 8.X, floppy disk
> images are no longer available. Please see above for instructions on
> how to install FreeBSD using a USB memory stick or just use a CDROM or
> a DVD."
>
> But the text below the box needs to be modified so that it no longer
> refers to anything 8.x.

Actually, this section needs a big red GIF overlay stating something
equivalent to:

"You have reached the end of this document.  Please scroll down and
click 'Next'."

The 7.4-RELEASE 'releases/' directory was removed last month, so now we
have no floppies available anywhere.

I was originally just going to update the URL, but now that would be
moot.  This section really needs to go away now, but the rest of the
Handbook should first be checked for references to this Floppy section.

It's on my TODO list...

Glen