Date:      Mon, 16 Oct 2000 11:07:04 +0000 (UTC)
From:      naddy@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/www/bsdi-netscape47-communicator Makefile

Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net> wrote:

> I can't reproduce that, but w3m does appear to have room for improvement:
>
> $ egrep -w 'strcat|strcpy|scanf|gets|sprintf' `find w3m-0.1.11-pre -type
> f`|wc -l
>       89

I once tried to get w3m "-Wall"-clean for both gcc and ccc.

I gave up when I figured out that w3m's core architecture heavily
depends on passing around untyped function pointers, i.e. the same
pointer can point to functions taking different parameters.  There
is no type checking in place, correct arguments to function calls
depend entirely on program logic.

Scary.