Date:      Fri, 6 Feb 1998 13:21:06 +0000
From:      nik@iii.co.uk
To:        Leif Neland <leifn@image.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: leafnode and netscape

On Fri, Feb 06, 1998 at 01:40:48PM +0100, Leif Neland wrote:
> I can read news from localhost in pine, but when I try to get the list of
> newsgroups from localhost in Netscape 4.0x, I get this message from netscape:
> Server responded: Syntax error.
>
> Clues?

Pass, sorry.

> Oh, btw: "fetch" from the leafnode-package, is it supposed to be started by
> leafnode, or run periodically from cron, or what?

Depends. If you've got a permananent connection you can run it from cron.
Actually, you can do that with dial up as well. However, I don't trust
myself enough to leave the machine unattended with the modem turned on
when I'm the one paying the bill, so I run fetch manually once or twice
a day.

--+==[ Nik Clayton is Just Another Perl Hacker at Interactive Investor ]==+--
			     . . . and relax