Date:      Mon, 19 Nov 2001 16:05:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mitayai <mitayai@dreaming.org>
To:        Bjarne Wichmann Petersen <mekanix@privat.dk>
Cc:        <cjclark@alum.mit.edu>, "Crist J. Clark" <cristjc@earthlink.net>, Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>, Dave Tweten <tweten@nas.nasa.gov>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Q: Is 'buildkernel' supposed to work? Was: -STABLE buildkernel broke! (linux module)

the bottom line is that a problem with the obj tree (i think, but not
sure, that something doesn't get deleted properly from previous
version) means that yes, you can use KERNCONF=kernelname if you (cd
/usr/src ; make kernel) or (cd /usr/src ; make buildkernel && make
installkernel) BUT remove any old directories such as
/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/kernelname first.

I did this, and the build (and every subsequent rebuild) works fine by
that method.

-Mit
--
---