Date:      Thu, 1 Feb 2018 12:21:41 -0800
From:      Matt Joras <mjoras@freebsd.org>
To:        Marius Halden <marius.h@lden.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Issues with bxe NIC

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 6:56 AM, Marius Halden <marius.h@lden.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 1, 2018, at 15:17, Marius Halden wrote:
> [...]
> Is this a hardware or a driver issue?
This is one of many issues we have seen with the NetXtreme II device.
After a lot of back and forth (1.5 years+) with Qlogic, the issue was
never sufficiently root caused. This was with the help of instrumented
drivers, updated firmware, raw ASIC dumps, and hardware defect
analyses of the NICs exhibiting the issue.

The conclusions I've come to is that this is almost certainly not a
problem with the FreeBSD driver. The condition generally persists
across reboots. Often the problem would stop after the NIC was fully
re-seated within the chassis, so I would definitely try that. If that
doesn't work I do think the issue likely warrants an RMA of the device
from Qlogic. They should have a record of the issue internally.

Good luck.

Matt Joras