Date:      11 Sep 2003 19:55:50 +0200
From:      Andrea Sansottera <andrea.sansottera@fastwebnet.it>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sun JDK 1.4.2_01 for Linux

Hi all,

        I tried Sun JDK 1.4.2_01 for Linux on Freebsd 4.8. Well, It
executes
without any problem my linux-eclipse-2.1.1-motif IDE. Anyway I have not
been able to run JBoss EJB container (on Linux the same software with
the same JDK works well). I have never tried JBoss on FreeBSD, does
anyone know if it works with the native 1.4 JDK?

        Does native JDK 1.4 really take 2.5 gigabyte to compile? A
warning
message tell me that while trying to compile the port. JDK 1.3 took
lesser and lesser space to build itself!

Andrea