Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 1995 08:58:09 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Augustine <chris@miller.cs.uwm.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATAPI IDE CDROM!!!

 Here is the situtation:

 I have a DELL XPS100 system with a 1.6gig IDE drive and a HITACHI
IDE CDROM. I got the sup-stable with the ATAPI distribution and built
a new kernel. On boot up it looks as though everything is recognized
wcd1: <HITACHI>,rdonly,..... something else here, it also says it has
686MB/sec transfer, 128 volume levels...etc. I have a disk in at boot
up.  I use the new MAKEDEV script and make wcd0c: sh MAKEDEV wcd0
the device file gets created, but when I try to mount it with
mount_cd9660 /dev/wcd0c /mnt it says device not configured. What the
HE** is going on. I have posted to the news groups, but no response.
Either no one has anything to say, or no one is dumb enough to use an
IDE cdrom drive with FreeBSD.;)

Thanks..
Chris