Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 1999 14:50:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Holling <myke@ees.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   IDE controller detected in linux but not FreeBSD?

Last summer I encountered a P133 machine where linux detected the IDE
controller, but FreeBSD did not.  I wrote it off as a fluke.  I've now
come into possession of a stack of DECpc 433dxLP machines.  These are
486/33 machines in a slimline desktop case.  They have integrated IDE
controllers, and I'm not able to find any discrete chip for this function.
Linux sees the controller fine, but FreeBSD doesn't see it at all.  Are
there some flags I could pass to the wd driver to pick up this controller?

- Mike