Date:      Sat, 12 Jul 1997 03:00:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        torstenb@ramsey.tb.9715.org
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG, hans@brandinnovators.com
Subject:   Re: Heads up and and a call for a show of hands.

 * No need for that. CDE comes with a complete X11R6 distribution installed
 * in /usr/X11R6. They can easily install a script in /usr/X11R6/etc/rc.d.

I know (and I said that already ... mails arriving out of order,
Torsten? :)....  But maybe they will decide to have an "DT only"
installation option, that puts stuff only in the /usr/dt subtree.  (Or
they might decide to go back to /usr/X386, who knows.)

The point is that, either way, there is an existing mechanism that can
easily be used without a need for additional features added to
ldconfig and/or /etc/rc.

Satoshi