Date:      Sun, 17 Jun 2001 15:00:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Anders Nordby <anders@fix.no>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/28242: New port: graphics/py-gdchart

The following reply was made to PR ports/28242; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Anders Nordby <anders@fix.no>
To: Hye-Shik Chang <perky@python.or.kr>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 23:56:43 +0200

 Hi,

 Uhm. I think this port should have PORTNAME py-gdchart too. There is
 already a gdchart port. Also, maybe it should be considered to use the
 gdchart port as a dependancy instead of using a local copy of both
 gdchart and gd. I modified my gdchart port to use PNGs instead of GIFs
 like recent versions of gd does. There are legal issues attached, and
 the gd author recommends switching to PNG. I don't see a good reason for
 using outdated versions of gd from sub-libraries.

 Let me know if you need the gdchart port updated to version 0.10.1 to
 use it.

 Cheers,

 --
 Anders.