Date:      Mon, 28 Apr 1997 14:22:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ben Black <black@zen.cypher.net>
To:        "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
Cc:        Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>, smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quad Pro 150 motherboard?

yup, the license restricts you.  NT4WKS refuses to run on more than 2
CPUs.  does that change a damn thing?  nope.  note that i didn't say
anything about NT4SRVR which *can* handle more than 2 because M$ wills it
so.  the fact is, when a machine is running NT on more than 4 CPUs it is
not running a stock NT.

my point remains valid: the most popular commercial, SMP, x86 OS is NT
Workstation and you cannot make that run on 4 CPUs, hence another reason
there is little demand for more than dual CPU boards.

b3n