Date:      Fri, 31 Jul 2015 14:39:36 +0000
From:      Steve Wills <swills@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Torsten Zuehlsdorff <info@toco-domains.de>
Cc:        ruby@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Gitlab] Current Status of the port

--FsscpQKzF/jJk6ya

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 04:13:06PM +0200, Torsten Zuehlsdorff wrote:
>=20
> You was a little bit faster than me. Today i compiled a number of=20
> changes needed to get GitLab build. I've found some minor problems and=20
> fixed them too.
>=20
> You need 3 steps to get the ports-tree in the correct shape:
>=20
> 1. apply the attachment gitlab-portstree-patch.diff to /usr/ports/
> 2. save the attachment gitlab-with-dependencies.shar in /usr/ports/ and=
=20
> extract it

Awesome, thanks. The shar seems to include both the diff an older version of
the same shar. No worries tho. Glad it doesn't include the Makefile~ files =
that
the shars in bugzilla have. :)

> 3. get the most actual GitLab copy from=20
> svn://svn.toco-domains.de/freebsd-ports/www/gitlab

Seems identical to the one in the shar, as far as I can tell.

> Now you should be able to build GitLab. :)

Almost. Seems a patch to update devel/rubygem-gitlab_git to 7.2.5 (or newer=
?) is missing, maybe others:

=3D=3D=3D>   gitlab-v7.13.2 depends on file: rubygem-gitlab_git-rails41>=3D=
7.2.5 - not found
=20
> Please make sure, that there is no older or newer version of Rails is=20
> installed. I removed every Rubygem before testing to avoid conflicts.
>=20
> To setup GitLab follow the quide:
> https://github.com/t-zuehlsdorff/gitlabhq/blob/master/doc/install/install=
ation-freebsd.md
>=20
> I've created a basic working configuration for default. You just should=
=20
> change the "host" in config/gitlab.yml, if you want to use something=20
> other than "localhost". The rest should work. But please test carefully,=
=20
> i've done many changes in the last months.
>=20
> The part to setup the nginx vhost is currently missing. If you're=20
> familar with the setup, there will be no big problems. I did not see the=
=20
> default configuration for a long time; therefore i need to figure it out=
=20
> to adjust the guide. -.-

Ok, I was planning to build packages in poudriere and install those in a new
empty jail and use my existing proxy to proxy things to it.

> Yes. I run portlint on everything attached, but it throws 3 errors for=20
> every slave-port. If i fix there errors, the ports don't work. Here i=20
> need you're feedback what to do.

Need details on this.

Steve

--FsscpQKzF/jJk6ya