Date:      Sat, 29 Nov 1997 23:00:01 -0500
From:      KAxtell <kaxtell@ibm.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installation assistance with a Adaptec 154X SCSI Controller

I need some general assistance attempting to install FreeBSD 2.2.5 on a
system with a Adaptec AHA-1540B/1542B SCSI Controller.

This is my first exposure to UNIX, so please bare with my lack of
knowledge.....

During the initial steps of the installation I am receiving a message
that states the drive geometry of 2479/8/69 for sd0 is not correct.  I
understand that I need to change this with whatever translation mode the
Adaptec controller is using.  I have been unable to locate this
information.  Adaptec's WWW page was of little help, except to state
they only support SCO Unix and UnixWare.

I would appreciate any information you may provide to help me in
completing this installation.

Thanks,

K. Axtell