Date:      Sat, 13 Jul 1996 11:45:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Veggy Vinny <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hpscan port

On Sat, 13 Jul 1996, J Wunsch wrote:

> As Veggy Vinny wrote:
>=20
> > > 200 x 300 mm=B2 @ 300 dpi =3D> 25 MB
> > > 200 x 300 mm=B2 @ 600 dpi =3D> 100 MB
> > >=20
> > > The default data segment size limit is IMHO 64 MB.
> >=20
> > =09Hmmm, i was doing it on the default 100 dpi though but is there=20
> > anyway around this problem?
>=20
> For 100 dpi, this shouldn't be a problem.  A full page is around 3 MB
> then.
>=20
> RTFM csh(1) -- the limit shell builtin, sh(1) -- the ulimit builtin.

=09I have unlimited on memorysize so that's not it...

> RTFM swapon(8) :-))

=09Heheh, I did that.....  it's only using 5% out of the 300 meg swap
partition I have....

=09The problem seems to be it starts scanning at 75dpi for 1 second=20
and then it says Out of Memory! and on the shell, it returns:

scanner_receive: error 1
Scan: expected 32768 bytes, got -1

=09I am using the NCR810 PCI Controller which when the above happens:
I get in the root window:

ncr0: restart? (ncr dead ?).

=09I am using a HP ScanJet IIC...

=09Any ideas?