Date:      Fri, 4 Aug 2000 14:46:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
To:        Slawek Zak <zaks@prioris.mini.pw.edu.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPFW + bridge fix.

On 4 Aug 2000, Slawek Zak wrote:

> Is anyone working on the fix for problem so irresponsibly reported to
> bugtraq by Darren Reed. Is any security advisory going to be released.

I'm not sure who else is working on this, but it is my plan to attempt to
address these issues in the next few days; I was at IETF for the last week
so didn't have access to a bridge test bed.  Now that I'm back in DC I
have test machines + network, I should make some progress.

I'd like to see a general cleanup of the ipfw code, as although it is
correct in most cases, it is hard to tell that by inspection.

  Robert N M Watson