Date:      Mon, 07 May 2001 16:31:51 +0100
From:      Jonathan Belson <jon@witchspace.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Lockups with -Stable on Athlon

Hiya

I recently upgraded my machine to a 1.2GHz Athlon on
a ABit KT7A motherboard, with 256MB RAM.

Unfortunately I've started been experiencing a number
of complete lock-ups when running FreeBSD (X3.3.6 +
KDE 2.1.1) - it abruptly freezes, I can't even ping
the machine.  Nothing in the logfiles gives any hints.

Since it started happening a little while after I did
the hardware upgrade I did wonder if it was hardware
related, but the other OSes (Windows 2000 and BeOS 5)
have had no problems at all.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

--
C-YA
Jon

<http://www.witchspace.com>;