Date:      Thu, 6 Sep 2018 16:04:34 +0930
From:      "O'Connor, Daniel" <darius@dons.net.au>
To:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: iSCSI booting with isboot

> On 6 Sep 2018, at 10:18, O'Connor, Daniel <darius@dons.net.au> wrote:
> BootNIC: em0
> Configure: IPv6 by NIC0
> CHAP Type: No CHAP
> Attempting to login to iSCSI target and scan all LUNs.
> soreceive BHS is not complete
> do login failed
>=20
> The last two lines repeat many times (interspersed with other =
probe/boot messages) until I get to mount root.

I did some tcpdumping and it seems that there is iSCSI traffic but it =
stops and I am wondering if the ethernet card isn't getting tickled =
correctly so after a while it stops talking.

The traffic seems to be...
- 3 x NOP In
- Read LBA 0
- TUR
- Read LBA 0
- Read LBA 0x40
- Read LBA 0x1
- Read LBA 0x641

The reads seem OK and have plausible data (MBR headers)

The last thing it sees are 3 x NOP In just after it looks like something =
(in the kernel!) reads /etc/services which seems pretty weird..

--
Daniel O'Connor
are so many of them to choose from."