Date:      Tue, 14 Apr 1998 14:00:33 +0900
From:      Katsuhiko Imahara <tug@internetway.or.jp>
To:        "hackers@freebsd.org" <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Question about licence for GCC runtime ribraries containing FreeBSD

We would destribute our program executable that contains some portions
of scrt0.o, libc.a and libgcc.a in FreeBSD. The executable is linked
with those object or archive files in /usr/lib by GCC. The GCC is
containing in FreeBSD. I understand that scrt.o and libc.a covered under
BSD licence and not by the LGPL. I am not sure of the genesis of libgcc,
though.
I have question, Can we distribute the linked executable as such ?
Is there no restrictions on that ?
Is the executable covered under LGPL or GPL ?
Please give me your opinion.
--
Katsuhiko Imahara
Tug System Corporation