Date:      Wed, 03 Apr 2002 22:01:44 +0200
From:      Florian Nigsch <flo@nigsch.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sendmail delays

Hi people!

I have rebuilt my 4.5-STABLE system with the sources of 1 Apr. After the
full routine
(build- & installworld, mergemaster, new kernel) I rebooted and since then
I have the
following problem:

When I want to send mail with let's say
     echo bla | sendmail flo
it delays for exactly 1:15 min. Do I want this? Certainly not! ;)

from my maillog:

Apr  3 21:52:02 <mail.info> net sendmail[9879]: g33JolRM009879: to=flo,
ctladdr=flo
(1003/1003), delay=00:01:15, xdelay=00:01:15, mailer=relay, pri=30005,
relay=localhost [127.0.0.1],
dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent (g33Jq23k009880 Message accepted for delivery)

If I, however, relay mail trough my server from another machine (windows
client) it doesn't delay. Also, if I telnet to localhost port 25 and talk
to my sendmail daemon (helo, rcpt to, mail from, data) it is also instantly
delivered.

Why doesn't it work when I call sendmail directly? It also doens't work for
example when called from mutt.

-> Please CC any replies to my, as I am currently not subscribed.

Thanks for any hints on this,

Flo

Florian Nigsch  <flo@nigsch.com>  http://flo.nigsch.com/
pgpkey: http://flo.nigsch.com/fnigsch.asc
This communication is only intended for the use of the
individual, or entity, to which it is directed and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If received in error: Please
notify us immediately and delete the message without any
use or further distribution of its contents.