Date:      Fri, 16 May 2003 14:11:08 -0700
From:      Johnson David <DavidJohnson@Siemens.com>
To:        stclair@niue.nu, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sound Card

On Friday 16 May 2003 12:47 pm, Richard StClair wrote:

> I'm sure it's fantastic.....mine has been on it's way for some period
> of weeks now. We get one boat per month to Niue with mail on it, and
> if something misses that boat then it takes another month to get
> here. So I'm still waiting for my copy....and in the meantime I was
> hoping to get this machine running a little better.

As many other people have noted, there is a copy of the Handbook online.
But even better, there's a copy already on your system! If you didn't
uncheck it during installation, you can find a copy on your local
system at /usr/share/doc/handbook/index.html. If you don't have a
browser set up yet, the plain text Handbook is at
/usr/share/doc/handbook/boot.txt.

One of the best things I like about FreeBSD is that it has so much
quality documentation immediately available.

David