Date:      Wed, 10 May 2006 16:03:13 +0800
From:      "fooler" <fooler@skyinet.net>
To:        "User Ernie" <ernie@puremail.eis.net.au>, <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Can sendmail listen for SMTP on two prots at once?

----- Original Message -----
From: "User Ernie" <ernie@puremail.eis.net.au>
To: <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 11:17 AM

>I am trying to work out a roaming solution for clients with notebooks that
> don't like webmail and need to send outgoing emails via one of our SMTP
> servers. At the moment I have a POP befor SMTP solution running which
> works
> fine except more and more the clients are finding that outbound port 25 in
> the hotels they stay at is blocked. I was trying to come up with a way to
> get sendmail to listen on two ports at once the normal port 25 and a port
> number above 1024 for the roaming users.
>
> Anyone have an idea how to achive that or another roaming suggestion to
> bypass the hotel blocks?

you have lots of options here...

1. run two sendmails.. one binded to port 25 and the other one binded to
above port 1024 (but i prefer to use port 80 because most firewalls allowed
port 80 to pass thru)
2. run one sendmail that binded to port 25 and make a firewall rule to
redirect or forward port 80 to port 25
3. using dial-up vpn

fooler.