Date:      Thu, 9 Dec 1999 10:51:35 -0600 (CST)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        Allen Cleveland <allenc@mindsieve.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup without connectivity?

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Thu, 09 Dec 1999 04:49:29 EST, Allen Cleveland wrote:
>
> > Using windows, is there a way to get *all* the cvsup files on the win
> > box?
>
> You're probably better off downloading a snapshot. :-(

CTM should take care of this.  I assume you want to go to stable?  Go to
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/CTM/src-3 (or your favorite mirror) and
get the most recent src3-.nnnxEmpty.gz file, and all of the patches after
it.  (Currently, that is src-3.0300xEmpty.gz )  Put all of them in a
directory on your FreeBSD box, then cd /usr/src; ctm -v -v
/path/to/the/delta/directory/src*gz

The set of CTM deltas you need is likely to be about 60 or 70MB.

See http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/synching.html#CTM for more information
on CTM.

David Scheidt