Date:      Thu, 7 Aug 1997 21:33:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ben Cottrell <benco@pendor.mckusick.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   GUS MAX success!!!

Some of you may remember my repeated posts because my GUS MAX wasn't able
to record in 16 bits. I have it working now, but I was *only* able to get
it to work using the standard FreeBSD drivers--guspnp14 failed miserably.
I therefore think it would be rather ill-advised to replace the drivers
with the guspnp set, as I know some people have been suggesting :>

In case other people are suffering from the same problems, this is my
config line:
	device          gus0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 11 drq 1 vector gusintr
Note that there's only one DRQ, and it's an 8-bit one, *not* a 16-bit one.
This meant that I had to increase the ISA bus speed in my BIOS configuration
to get skip-free recording, but at least it works now!

	~Ben