Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 1998 17:24:15 -0800
From:      "Brian" <brian@imi-bottling.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Can you Install the commercial "Ports" collection after you've installed FreeBSD?

Forgive me if I've already posted this message...  Just ignore it if I
have.. :)

Basically I have the Walnut Creek FreeBSD 2.2.5 collection on CD-ROM (the 4
Disc set).  Going through the NOVICE installation, I chose NOT to install
the port collection (I thought it would eat up all the room on the 600 meg
partition that FreeBSD has).  After asking about Netscape and AfterStep, I
see I really needed to install that port collection.  How do I go about
installing the port collection without having to re-install everything?

And how much does that port collection take up on the hard drive when it's
all installed?

 - Brian